I’m sitting here with some tea and my barely functioning laptop, settling in for another late night of paper writing. It’s been a long day in class and the library. And in spite of my best efforts to avoid this, I still have work to do. Apparently it’s just my way. It’s deeply rooted. And I’ve decided today that I will accept it. I’m a procrastinator.
So in honor of my paper due tomorrow, I will write about something else…things that I’m currently celebrating (in spite of the whole paper thing).
1) Last class today. My other classes ended weeks ago. But this class just held on, with serious work involved on top of it, including a presentation today. Speaking of which, it was about zwarte piet. I’ll have to share some updates on that at some point. So today was the last class of the semester. And after I write these three papers, I’ll be on summer vacation. That is something to celebrate (until I remind myself that I need a job).
2) Sunshine. Today wasn’t really sunny. And yesterday wasn’t sunny either. In fact, yesterday was chilly and rainy. But last week was super sunny. So sunny, in fact, I got the tiniest bit of a tan, which continues to makes me thankful. Gardens, parks, beaches, and forests. A lovely few days of sun. I hope to see it again someday.
3) New and known people. The past few weeks have been filled with new people – great people, including residents, newcomers, and visitors. And the next month promises to be filled with just as many friends visiting. This makes me happy.
4) Plane tickets. I’ll be in NYC for a bit next month. Meeting my new niece and my friend’s wedding are the types of things that will get me to return to the States. I’m super excited for the visit.
5) Prince’s birthday. Of course.